Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Done!


Luciana and Sam getting ready to head to the courthouse.


Happy moment after the proceedings.


Sam proudly holding the paperwork that officially recognizes Luciana's
adoption here in the states and has her new LEGAL name!


Order in the court!

So, in this mostly ceremonial (though still emotional) step, we celebrate the finalization of all the legal details that put on paper what we have always known in our hearts. Luciana is Luciana legally, and she is ours... all ours! We were joined by my Mom and Dad, and Luciana's Godmother, Barbara, and Sam's buddy, James! It was great to have their support and even more fun to celebrate with them after the proceedings! While in the courtroom, and in true Lucy fashion, my little nap-deprived toddler ran in circles
charming the robe right off the judge! She was a riot!

Today was special, but I am also glad it is done. I feel like I took that final deep breath. Like any milestone in Luciana's life, I have had Lucy's birthmother and foster mother in my heart. I pray they know how loved this sweet girl really is.

I am going to leave the final thought for this post to Sam... as we were driving away from the courthouse, he broke our reflective silence with, "Well, Mom. We did it." Yes, buddy, we sure did.

Much love.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful day for your family!

Steph said...

Okay Sam, you made me cry! What a sweet brother. Congrats Orlandos!! See you soon!

Vanessa said...

Congrats!! It's so awesome to have that DONE feeling!!!

Becky said...

Woo Hoo!! I love that DONE feeling. As always the kiddos are adorable!

Becky and Jack

Bobbi said...

YEAH!!! Oh, what a great day. Yes, you did it. Congratulations.

Much Love

Anonymous said...

Let the next chapter of your lives begin. Congrats to your whole big family.
Love to you all, Terri O

Pineapple Princess said...

Congrats on the FINAL step! Whoohoo! I hope to be there soon, too!

I love how intuitive Sam is. He is so young, yet he understands such big concepts. God has big plans for him, too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! You had the same judge as Calista! The pics are just great!! Nicole & family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you wonderful family!!!
So happy the fat lady sang! (could you hear me from Maine!).

can you add my email in - I don't know what you're talking about - guess the blog will be by invite only? well, I want in.
auntie deb
jack
mags

veggiemom said...

What an awesome day!!! Sam's comment at the end just topped off all the perfection!

Laurie said...

Congrats! That Sam is hilarious! Such a great big brother.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you!!! Please keep me in your blog updates...you have my email. : )
Talk soon -
Julie