Thursday, May 29, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
I have a very few minutes this morning before running off to church, so I am going to have to use the old bullet method to catch you up. I will make every effort to update some pics next week. Here goes:
* Luciana is crawling everywhere with speed and determination... tongue still leading the way!
* She pulls up on EVERYTHING, including the backs of my legs.
* She stands for several seconds at a time and loves to walk around holding fingers.
* I have resumed my weekly visits to the chiropractor. ;-)
* Lucy says "Dada". He LOVES that... it is so sweet.
* She is babbling a lot.
* Lucy is so generous with her smiles and leaves a wake of cooing adults whenever we enter or leave a room. It's so fun!
* She has slept through the night for the last 6 nights in a row... knock wood! Good girl!
* We take long walks and Luciana is so content and looks at everything.
* Luciana's all time favorite toy is... Sam. Priceless. She also likes toys she can bang and dolls.
* Luciana cracks up at sneezes... especially her own!
* She has an almost silent laugh... her laugh is all in her huge smile and gorgeous eyes!
* Sam is playing T-ball and loving it. I have a great video to share of his first hit!
* He got to spend the day at my school last week b/c he will be going there for 1st grade next year! It was field day and he had a blast.
* Sammy has a new fort in the back yard that "he built" with his Papa. Thank you, Papa!
* Sam will have his first school musical next week. I can't wait.
* Sam's favorite toy... Lucy. Seriously. He also loves action heroes and Hot Wheels.
* Sam's favorite past time... making Lucy laugh. He can do it like no one else.
* Keith started a new job and we are very grateful and excited about that.
* Keith also graduated from grad school with his MBA. We are so proud of him!
* I have started a class, myself. Why? Why would I do that?!
* To my BLOG friends... I make sure to read your blogs and keep up with your wonderful families most nights... I am still loving up your sweet families!
* Lucy turned 11 months old last week and we are moving way too quickly to that 1st birthday.
* In June, Keith and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary, Lucy will turn 1, and Sam will complete his first year of school... all in one week. Phew!
I know you really come here for the pics. I will get there. In the meantime, I am madly in love with my busy, crazy, packed full of stinkin' cuteness life. We are doing great! Exhausted and truly happy.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Every now and then I look back on what I wrote at "this time last year". I only wrote one post in May last year and it was all about paperwork! That, too, feels like a lifetime ago! I did crack myself right up reading my rantings about paperwork... what a bizarre time that was in our world. It is so good for me to take those moments to sit with those old feelings of longing... but, they are so gone now. We are so complete and loving it all.
Life is good.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
See? (A little blurry as my girl loves to bounce in her crazy bouncer from her gal pal, Bea!)
Those itty bitty teeth are hard to capture on camera! There were many runny, runny noses and a few sleepless nights while these first two made their way into the world. These "firsts" are so fun to celebrate... we are constantly reminded how lucky we are to have our sweet girl home to be the a part of even the smallest of milestones. We are so blessed.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Luciana and I were sitting in the front yard a few weeks ago while Sam was playing on the swingset. I was trying to take a few pics of her, but she was drooling like crazy, so I was about to give up. All of a sudden he came up behind her and gave her a huge hug and she just lit up! Suddenly I didn't even see the drooling... just these smiling faces!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Here are some moments from our day with Luciana's Godparents, their children, and the Party of Five crew! (Auntie Barbara, Uncle Chris, James, Nathan, Bobbi, Joe, Cassie, Krista, and Reese!) It was a very special day... and if I say more than that, I run the risk of going to one of "Beth's emotional places". Still, I often think what a small world it is and am so grateful that Barbara thought to introduce me to her good friend and college roommate, Bobbi, way back in the beginning of our process... just look at us all now!