Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beach Day

We had the greatest family day today. We had a much needed sunny and warm day, so we packed up the wagon and headed for the beach. Living in Maine means we have access to a lot of beautiful beaches... some less than 20 minutes away. But, today we decided to take a road trip. We headed to Popham Beach which is just a bit over an hour away. When we got there, it was warm and foggy and made for a truly beautiful setting. Both kids had a blast all day long. It was a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time spent together.

In these pics, check out Sam's adorable fisherman's hat from Miss Sue! How cute is he?!!?! And both kids enjoyed the perfectly timed beach toys they just got yesterday from Mike, Terri and Lexus! Sam was all into castle building, seashell collecting, and "surfing". In these pics, he was waiting for the perfect wave to move him on his board. When it did, it took him by surprise! Later, when my camera battery was acting up, he and Keith had a blast body surfing with the waves. I don't know how they did it because the water was NOT warm! They also attempted to walk out to the big rocks at low tide. They made it more than halfway before it was just too deep. Maybe next time. Lucy was all about the sand! She loved it. Yes, she took that first taste, but that was all it took to realize sand is more fun to play with than eat. She spent a very long time with a piece of seaweed, and had the time of her life splashing in one of the pools left by low tide. That was also when the battery was threatening to quit, but she was hysterical splashing and covered herself with a layer of sand that may take days to wash away!

As expected, Lucy crashed before we even got out of the parking lot. Sam tried, but he was just too tired to fall asleep... anyone relate?! I just love days like this with my whole little family... they have been a long time coming and we are truly appreciating them. Today was just a dream come true. Enjoy the pics.




PS- We are meeting new friends tomorrow! I hope to have some pics to share. I am really looking forward to it.

11 comments:

Bobbi said...

Popham is our favorite beach too!!! Ok, lots of meeting there this summer!!!

Sam, great job surfing. You will have to teach the girls. I think you and Daddy are brave (or crazy!?!?).

Lucy, you look so cute in and out of your little suit. Isn't Maine just the best for beaches.

Sounds like lots of fun.

Can't wait to hear how it goes with our--I mean your new friend!!

Anonymous said...

There are some days when all there is to say is..LIFE IS GOOD !
I'm thinking a little trip south to Ocean Park,Raspberry Lime Rickeys at teh soda fountain and some penny candy at teh general store. Sam and Evan can do a little boogie boarding. Mmmmm???
take care, Terri O

Nicole said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

I can't wait to get to the beach this summer!

Becky said...

I grew up by the beach and you post made me realize how much I really miss it. I love family days too. Great pics!

Becky and Jack

Steph said...

What a perfect day!!!! HOW FUN!!!

Sam, the sandcastles were AWESOME and I am very impressed with your surfing!!

Lucy had gotten so much bigger!!! WOW!!! What a doll!!

Terry said...

It looks like it was a truly perfect day!

We're headed to the beach next week and you just made me want to be there NOW!

Terry

Guatemama said...

AWWWW What a great day! I am glad you guys had so much fun. Thanks for sharing your day with us. Loved the slide show.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you all had a wonderful day @ the beach!!!! Their growing so fast, but their awesome!!!! Love to all

Uncle John, Aunt Katie, and Jaiden
xoxo

Donna said...

Aww - what a fun day - and it looks you had your very own, very private beach!! How cool.

Hmm, I'm a little concerned because Lucy (who is growing SO fast, but I know you don't want to hear that!) "realized" that sand is "yucky" while Logan's taste buds only seemed to develop an even bigger yearning for it. hmm!? Isn't Lucy the smart one!

Victoria and Joe said...

What a great day.. Lucy is growing so fast.. I so look forward to my first big outing..

Greta Jo said...

Beth- What a great post. Sam and Lucy are beautiful!