Monday, November 26, 2007

The People We Meet

Do you ever just stop to think about the people we meet? Really, it is pretty amazing. Just look around your life at the people who make up your day-to-day, browse down through the contact list in your cell, peek at your address book, pull out a photo album... or, just look around you.

Today alone I was touched by more people than I should be allowed to have bless my life. What's the quota on amazing people in one person's regular day?

As my regular day was ending in it's regular way (which I love!), I was trying really hard to be grumpy and feel bad for myself about missing Luciana and other stuff... and I just couldn't. I mean, I just could not. What right did I have to be grumpy when I had been lifted up all day long by lovely people just being who they are and making my life the amazing life it is.

So, now, I am sitting here feeling all warm and fuzzy about the potpourri of characters that make up my days, and I am just grateful for the people I have met... childhood, college, work, neighbor, family, blogger, stranger become pal... thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. Evan asks me all the time why I talk to EVERYONE. I have explained to him you never know who will become your friend and make you smile.
Hope your days are always filled with smiles.
My love to you, Terri O.

veggiemom said...

What a great pick-me-up. Thanks for sharing. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Steph said...

I think about this often!! I am sooo amazed at all the amazing people who have touched my life, especially through this adoption process. It is clear to me that this process is more than just timelines.